Valid from: 2021-03-21
Decided by DPO 2021-03-21
Responsible: DPO Louise Hammarbäck
1. Data Controller
Barncancerfonden (Swedish Childhood Cancer Fund), company registration number 802010-6566, 114 84 Stockholm, is the controller for the processing of your personal data. You can reach us by phone at 020-90 20 90 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Louise Hammarbäck is the Data Protection Officer at Swedish Childhood Cancer Fund.
2. Where is your personal information stored
The personal data collected from you is stored within the EU. Your data will not be processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA), which includes the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
3. Who has access to your personal information
The Swedish Childhood Cancer Fund will not sell, rent or lease the personal data collected. We may disclose personal data to partners and hired personal data assistants who process personal data on behalf of the Swedish Childhood Cancer Fund, such as IT suppliers, distribution partners, banking & finance, communications agencies and printing companies, but it is the Swedish Childhood Cancer Fund that is responsible for all processing of your personal data. In connection with your memorial gift, we may share your first and last name of the estate or funeral organizer.
4. Why do we process your personal data
Your personal information is necessary for us to be able to fulfill our obligations to you and our obligations under agreement or law.
5. When do we collect your personal data and what personal data do we collect
We collect personal data in the following situations:
- When you sign up for newsletters or press releases, or contact us by phone or email, we collect information about name and contact details.
- When giving a donation (for example a gift via Swich, debit card or internet banking), becoming a monthly donor, shopping in our gift shop or ordering information material, we collect information about the name, social security number, contact details and details of your gift or order.
- When you host a collection on our website, we collect information about the name, social security number and contact details.
- When you host or participate in an event or attending a physical event, digital event, live streaming event or other activity, we collect information about names, social security numbers, contact details, photographic images, payment information and in some special cases sensitive information that is necessary to give you the support you need to be able to participate.
- When applying for an employment at the Swedish Childhood Cancer Fund, we collect information about name, contact details and qualifications/merits.
- When you become a member of the Maxa Livet program, we collect information about names, contact information, address information, photographic images and sensitive information that is necessary to give you the support you need to be able to participate.
- When you become a user of the app called Minuter som gör skillnad (Minutes that make a change), via your employer, we collect information about first and last name, contact information, address and location data that is necessary for the app to work and that you need to be able to participate.
6. How do we use your personal data
The personal data you provide is registered in our database and the data is then used to administer your gift or your order of services and products as well as keeping related statistical data. We may complement your personal data by collecting information from private and public records and sources to ensure that we direct relevant communication to the relevant audience. The data may also be used for marketing purposes to analyse the gifts and purchases you make, when we tell you more about our business by letter, text-messages, e-mail, publications or telephone, for targeted communication to custom audiences on social media (for example Facebook and Instagram) as well as for the follow-up and development of the Swedish Childhood Cancer Fund's activities.
When applying for a vacancy, we use your personal data only for the purpose for which you submitted them, but interesting applications may be saved after the recruitment period.
Your personal data and the number of hours you register in the app Minuter som gör skillnad the Swedish Childhood Cancer Fund will share with your employer so that you can participate.
7. The legal basis for the processing of your personal data
All collection and processing of your personal data is based on a legal basis. The Swedish Childhood Cancer Fund processes your personal data on the basis of one or more of the following legal bases:
Weighing of interests: The processing of your personal data is necessary to fulfill purposes that concern the legitimate interests of the Swedish Childhood Cancer Fund or third party. This presupposes that the Swedish Childhood Cancer Fund's interests in the processing outweigh your interests in the protection of personal data and whether the processing is necessary for the purpose in question
Consent: You have given your consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes. This means that you approve the current personal data processing.You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. Upon such request, the processing of your personal data ceases. You can revoke your consent by contacting us on telephone 020-90 20 90 or by emailing us at: email@example.com.
Contract: The Swedish Childhood Cancer Fund may process personal data that is necessary to fulfill an agreement between you and the Swedish Childhood Cancer Fund or to take action at the request of you before entering into an agreement.
Legal obligation: There are laws and rules that oblige the data controller to process certain personal data in its activities. The Swedish Childhood Cancer Fund may process personal data if the processing is necessary for The Swedish Childhood Cancer Fund to be able to fulfill a legal obligation that follows from law or other statutes (including collective agreements) or from decisions that have been issued on the basis of law or other statutes
8. How long to we store your personal data
We store your personal data as long as it is necessary to perform the service that you have requested. Your personal data will be stored for up to 36 months after the point of registration. We may be forced by Swedish law to store your personal data for longer periods than the stated time period of 36 months.
We protect your privacy and always strive to protect your information in the best possible way in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations (EU) 2016/679 and other data protection laws applicable at the time of processing.
10. Your rights
10.1 Right of access and right to rectification
You have the right to request a transcript of the personal data that we are processing about you (free of charge). You have also the right to request a correction of any personal data that is incorrect.
10.2 Right to erasure
Your personal data will not be stored for a period longer than necessary with regards to why they were collected. The Swedish Childhood Cancer Fund will delete personal data in accordance with applicable law. You also have the right to request deletion of incorrect data, as well as deletion of personal data that is no longer necessary for the personal data processing. A request to erasure can also be made for personal data that is processed on the basis of legitimate interest and for direct marketing.
10.3 Right to object
You are entitled to object to processing performed on the basis of legitimate interest. Personal data processing that is performed on the basis of legitimate interest is used for statistical purposes, for marketing activities as well as for the follow-up and development of the Swedish Childhood Cancer Fund's activities. You will always be given an opportunity to oppose direct marketing from us.
10.4 Right to restrict processing
You are entitled to request a restriction of processing of personal data in the following cases.
- If you question the accuracy of personal data.
- If you believe that the processing of personal data is illegal, but you prefer to restrict the processing of personal data instead of deleting them.
- If personal data is no longer needed for the purposes previously stated, but you need the personal data for establishment, or the exercise or defence of legal requirements.
- If you object processing of personal data that is based on legitimate interest as set out in section 7 above.
A restriction of the processing of personal data means that personal data will continue to be stored, but we will not continue processing it unless you consent to continued processing.
10.5 Right to information and access
You have the right to request information at any time about your personal data that the Swedish Childhood Cancer Fund store. Requesting a register extract is free of charge.
10.6 Right to Portability
You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, generally accepted format and machine-readable format and you have the right to transfer, move or copy this data to another personal data controller.
10.7 Exercise of rights
If you wish to use any of your rights, please contact us at the contact details listed below. We will process your request promptly. If we do not grant your request, we will inform you about this and the reasons for such a decision.
11. Data protection officer
The Swedish Childhood Cancer Fund has appointed a data protection officer (DSO) to ensure that we continuously process your personal data in an open, correct and legal manner. You can contact our data protection representative at: firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Competent authority
If you are dissatisfied with the Swedish Childhood Cancer Fund's processing of personal data or decisions regarding your request for the use of your rights, please contact the Swedish Data Protection Authority for complaint submission.
14. Questions and help
Please contact us if you have questions or need help. You can reach us by phone at 020-90 20 90 or by emailing us at email@example.com. Our postal mailing address is:
114 84 Stockholm